It suprising how much some things in life change and how some things stay consistently the same.
Take my clumsiness - it has managed to stick with me through the tests of time. Clumsiness is an art in itself I think, the art to find the way of constantly hurting yourself, embarassing and humiliating yourself and hurting yourself some more.
It is an art I think I am pretty close to perfecting - not that I get any choice in the matter.
So on Monday I went ice skating with friends - had tons of fun and loved spending time with them. But in my last lap of the ice I fell, quite spectacularly, on my front. I landed very heavily as I was trying to avoid damaging my knee anymore than it is already damaged. It knocked the air out of me and I wudnt say I wasnt in a lot of pain, but it was definately manageable.
Not so the next day - ow! My ribs HURT - to top it off I had a persistent cough left over from a cold and one thing aggravated the other until it was a viscious viscious cycle of pain. My ribs felt so sore constantly and I really really did NOT look forward to coughing - talk about being stabbed with pain!
Anyways, yesterday afternoon after work, I reached my limit. I just could not take the pain anymore - this is quite unusual as I have quite a high pain threshold, alhamdulillah. Anyways I called NHS Direct and the nurse told me I probably have bruised ribs and to get in checked out.
So after work today I went to the Withington Hospital Walk In Centre - where I got seen super fast, which was a nice and totally unexpected suprise!
The nurse told me I did indeed have bruised ribs, may even have cracked one but there was nothing they could do and I'd just have to put up with it for the next 2-3 weeks!
Not something to look forward to!
When you watch movies and read books and the heroes go off into fights and wars and all sorts with wounds and broken ribs - how the hell do they do it?? is it some kind of training?
It must be because my body wud not even consider letting me do anything that strenuous right now - hell its barely letting me breathe properly!!
How do they do it???
2 comments:
lowel i agree totlly, i guess thats why they're heros! >_<
no fair - in my head,i'm a hero! lol
Post a Comment