Thursday, August 17, 2006

go georgey, go georgey...

I'm just catching up on everything I missed while in Morocco - and one of the things I really missed was the news.

For all who r reading my blog (not many I know) I would like you to know Morocco is not an Arab country. Oh no - tis French. The French may have left it but boy is it still a French colony! Everyone speaks more French than Arabic, they serve European food, they like the Europeans better than their fellow Muslims...... why am I bringing this up?
Cos the news, infact most all the channels I saw, in Morocco are in French. I dont speak French.Ok so I dont speak Arabic either.... but I have a better chance of understanding Arabic than French!! I dont even like French - it reminds me of high school and tests.

Anyway, I missed watching the news and when I got back from Morocco I really had no idea wat was happening in the world - so ever since I have been trying to catch up. One of the things I was told I has missed was George Galloway on Sky... so I went on YouTube and watched it. It was bloody fantastic.

So - George... you may be weird. You may be freaky. But when it comes to Foreign Policy and views on the middle east - ur cool.

Another thing I came across was this letter called "An Open Letter to America" - its a facinating insight into how one american understands what its all about - the way we should. Someone who has stood up and has spoken and who has been heard.
There is famous hadith (saying of our beloved Prophet Moahmmed (saw)) that tells us that if we see an evil act we should act against it and try to stop it, and if we cannot do that then we should speak out against this act and condemn it and if we cannot do even that then to know in our hearts it is wrong, and that this is the weakest of faith.
Ya Muslimeen... remember why we humans were created. Remember our duty as Muslims. Our burden. It is our role to "encourage good and forbid evil".
Very few people have I seen publicly condemning the recent atrocities; one of them is Georgey up there. Another is a Scottish MP (Paisley - go sumaya go!) who stook up for something he believed in.

What does that say about us???

And then there is:

"
Earlier this month, Tony Blair declared:

"What is happening today out in the Middle East, in Afghanistan and beyond is an elemental struggle about the values that will shape our future.

"It is in part a struggle between what I will call reactionary Islam and moderate mainstream Islam but its implications go far wider." ('Blair calls for complete rethink of Middle East policy,' Press Association, August 1, 2006)

In the real world, the struggle is not "elemental" but merely political. Robert Pape, author of the forthcoming book, Dying to Win: Why Suicide Terrorists Do It, writes:

"Researching my book, which covered all 462 suicide bombings around the globe, I had colleagues scour Lebanese sources to collect martyr videos, pictures and testimonials and biographies of the Hizbollah bombers. Of the 41, we identified the names, birth places and other personal data for 38. We were shocked to find that only eight were Islamic fundamentalists; 27 were from leftist political groups such as the Lebanese Communist Party and the Arab Socialist Union; three were Christians, including a female secondary school teacher with a college degree. All were born in Lebanon.

"What these suicide attackers - and their heirs today - shared was not a religious or political ideology but simply a commitment to resisting a foreign occupation." (Pape, 'What we still don't understand about Hizbollah,' The Observer, August 6, 2006)"

Well no one is any hurry to point that out in the mainstream media now are they? NO one wants it known that only a mere fraction, 19%, of Hizbollahs suicide bombers had anything to even do with extremist Islam. Wouldnt that be dent in the current argument??? The current ideology, and it is an ideology, that all Muslims are getting or are extremist, and all extremists/radicals are potential suicide bombers.

There is so much truthful information out there - information the mainstream media is blatantly not giving us... we need to know. Hell, we should know these facts.

As Georgey said on SkyNews - do you know the names of the 7 killed on that beach? DO you even know the names of the 2 Israeli soldiers whose "kidnap" supposedly sparked off this war??
Well you should. I should.

Knowledge is power.

No knowledge = a modern muslim.

2 comments:

white african said...

I love dhis interview, bout time some one said what where all thinking, pity we muslims dont have half the courage to say what he said...

lostkitty said...

I know - the dude was on fire. He does thrive on these interviews... and that woman really didnt have an answer for him and so just basically did her best not to argue back and ignore his points. I loved the way he just shot her down everytime she tried to say something (usually something daft) - he does has the gift of the gab!

Islamic Songs