Monday, October 23, 2006

May Allah accept our Sawm, our Ramadan, our sacrifices and answer our duas, ameen. May this Eid be the beginning of a fabulous new year for us, one filled with blessings, hope, an increase of iman and success.
Please remember me in ur duas.

I had a really nice Eid this time - much better than the last few I remember. Lam and I went to our local mosque to pray Eid prayer; the masjid was packed and it was lovely to see all the Muslim sisters ready for eid, to feel the community around me again. I had been feeling rather isolated, from my Muslim sisters. But there they were!

After the lovely salah, khutbah and dua we walked home; along the way we got tempted by a sweet (mithai - indian sweets) shop and bought some goodies (which are still sat there in the kitchen!). Well, its Eid after all!!!

It was a really lovely, fresh day, subhanallah - which was a surprise after the miserably wet weather we have been having. We had such a pleasant walk home.

At home, we rushed to eat, get ready and Lam went to uni and I went to work. Even that made me happy - nothing could dampen my mood! Wallahi, going to Eid prayer really starts of your Eid day perfectly!

All in all, a really really good Eid, alhamdulillah.

3 comments:

white african said...

a big happy eid sis, may allah grants you many more inshallah.

glad you had a lovley time, gonna blog about mine now.

speak soon banana

ayarocks said...

EID MUBARAK!!!!

You know what was sad....we were all so good, our little cheadle crew, all Ramadhan, praying tahujjud in Mosque, going to taraweh, reading Qur'an...and then when Eid came we had a party with belly dancing and grinding.

ASTAGFURALLAH

Allhamdulillah when I got there it had toned down and I left before it tuned back up.

An instant relapse into haraam :(

What's wrong with us??

lostkitty said...

nothing wrong with a bit of dance, of any type - so long as its not lewd or crude and nothing haram is happening. Even if it is belly dancing with a bit of grind thrown in.

Islamic Songs