There is a scene in Disney's Cinderella in the courtyard where Cindy is crying cos she can't go to the ball and the evil stepsisters (curse them!) have just torn up her dress; and while she is crying her fairy godmother comes and and comforts her, gives her an amazing ballgown, the best stilettos ever (glass!) and a carriage. I always loved that fairy godmother. Not just cos she made Cindy's dreams come true but because she looked so homely and loving. She was plump and cute and just soo..... cuddly!I always wished I could have a fairy godmother. You know, someone to hold you while you cried at the futility of it all, someone to wave a magic wand and make it all better, someone who eases the way.
To me Prince Charming was incidental in the Cinderella story - my hero was the fairy godmother. She gave Cinderella the courage and the freedom to follow her dreams. And the ability to follow through.
But as I think about it, ofcourse I know I'm not gonna be assigned a fairy godmother as this late stage, besides I dont believe in Prince Charmings - but I do believe that we all have the ability that the fairy godmother gave Cinderella. Its within us. We have been given the opportunity and the freedom to follow our dreams. Its up to us to gather up the courage. Its up to us to make the moves towards our dreams.
Allah helps those who help themselves. And if we do not have the drive to help ourselves, then why would anyone else bother to help?
Just one problem..... what is my dream???
No comments:
Post a Comment