Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The beginning of the end....

Well, its over. IslamExpo ended on Sunday. Apparently about 40-45,000 people attended.
In and amongst that were business politics.

I have to say - I know that IslamExpo was a success from the outside, as you can imagine from the numbers that have come. However, "backstage" there was trouble brewing. I have worked at many events, been a volunteer/helper, never have I ever seen what I saw at this event. Never have I been treated like I have been treated, or seen people be treated like this.

Racism. Such an ugly word. Not for the first time in my life have I experienced racism, unfortunately - but never before from other muslims. Shocking, isnt it?! I found it beyond shocking. I found it disgusting. I was treated like second class citizen by other muslims! practicing muslims - why??? Cos I wasnt arab. Not just me, but my sister and other volunteers.
I could not believe it, I still find it hard to believe.


So much crap happened has happened that I cannot even be bothered to write about it.


Just to say though, I am glad IslamExpo happened - and if you missed it, you really did miss out. It was fantastic!!! I am going to post some pics on here to you can have some idea of the wonders you have missed:
This is the entry tent as you enter into Alexandra Palace. It was so pretty.


This was one of the stalls - I thought it was pretty :-) (liked the decor!)

Well as the people with keen eyes among you may have noticed - that is a guy in a sumo suit. Why? It was an advert for the Fun Zone - the kids area, with bouncy castles, rock clibing, sumo wrestling and all that. ( I wanted to go!!! But I didnt really get time plus may have scared the kiddies by acting more immature than them).

And that is a pic of Morgan Spurlock ( the guy who did the 30day documentaries). He came, along with many other "celebraties".

I am gonna post the rest of the pics on my Yahoo pics site - so wait for that (tho dont hold your breath!) lol

Oh my life is eventful - no one can say it isnt! :-)

3 comments:

NM said...

No way T am so ***** on your behalf! got to have a chat, i might even pop in text me your address (p.s am on the 333 number)

I was one of those sado's that missed islam expo next year inshallah

lostkitty said...

u r indeed a "saddo" if u missed it!

< mwahahahaha > u missed out big time!

Lord Sebastian Coe said it was an unmissable event. As did Ken Livingstone, and many others.

Anonymous said...

pictures look cool

Islamic Songs